[SOLVED] Windows keeps crashing, throwing 3 codes.

Sep 11, 2020
first post on here but i am clueless and in need of help. My computer has been acting up and gives me the blue screen of death all the time. I built the PC:

asrock b450m pro4 mobo
ryzen 3600
rx590
16gb of crucial balistix 3200mhz ram

I get 3 different error messages, one is dpc watchdog violation, another is kmode exception not handled, and the last is kernal security check failure.

I've tried to do all the things that certain guides tell you to do to fix it, nothing is working. Another bit of info is that if i start my computer up and let it sit in the lock screen for say 15-30 min, i wont get the bsod, if i try to put my password in and use my computer, it will crash in under a minute. Any input is appreciated and im sorry if i put this in the wrong section.

Solution
Thanks for the reply, i updated the bios to the latest version just now so ill see if that helps. Also, my psu is a power spec ps550bf, its less than a year old. My ram is not running in xmp profile and i have never overclocked so i doubt my cpu or gpu has ever overheated. I even tried my old card to see if the problem persisted and it still does even with the old card.

You are talking about an "old card", so this issue started recently? You swapped out some parts right before the issue happened? Some better details could be helpful than just what is happening, what happened before this started and did the system work fine before? Did you test with one RAM stick at a time? Try a clean Windows setup? The power supply is...
Sep 11, 2020
Thanks for the reply, i updated the bios to the latest version just now so ill see if that helps. Also, my psu is a power spec ps550bf, its less than a year old. My ram is not running in xmp profile and i have never overclocked so i doubt my cpu or gpu has ever overheated. I even tried my old card to see if the problem persisted and it still does even with the old card.

You are talking about an "old card", so this issue started recently? You swapped out some parts right before the issue happened? Some better details could be helpful than just what is happening, what happened before this started and did the system work fine before? Did you test with one RAM stick at a time? Try a clean Windows setup? The power supply is not very good, although it may not be the cause of the crashes it's a good idea to get something better, not real reviews of those models, just that it's a Microcenter brand.

Solution
Sep 11, 2020
I switched cards about 4 months before the problem first started. I can't think of anything that I changed around the time it started happening (about 3 weeks ago). It kind of just started happening, one day i went to play call of duty and it blue screened. yes, I have tried using one stick at a time and that didn't help anything. I have wiped my computer at least 2 times and did a clean install of windows each time, and that did not help, I also checked for corrupted files and nothing showed up, I updated the firmware on my SSD (which I have windows installed on). The good thing is that ever since I updated the bios this morning the problem hasn't happened at all, I will post if it comes back but for now, at least it is fixed. I know this because every time without fail, I would launch battle.net on my computer and I would automatically get a blue screen, now I launch it and its been working perfectly. thanks for your input.