Question windows keeps crashing when trying to install

Feb 24, 2019
so my new pc build specs are

b450 aorus wifi pro
xfx rx580 XXX edition
ryzen 7 2700
16gb ddr4 ram (vengence 2400)
600w evga psu

so i started up the pc with a flash drive and windows 10 installed.. and i keep getting netwtw06.sys error.. im still kind of new to the whole PC game

Colif

Win 11 Master
So is windows installed and you getting an error about that afterwards? or you that error during installation? As I can't say I seen the second before, if it is case.

netwtw06.sys appears to be Intel Lan drivers. Have you got the latest ones? the latest on Gigabyte web site are only 3 days old - https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10#support-dl-driver-lan

might be best downloading them on another PC and putting them on USB, and installing on your PC. Once you have them on, also run the Gigabyte App centre (its in utilities on web site) and let it check all the other drivers are up to date as well.

Feb 24, 2019
So windows was not installed, I was using a usb to boot it up and in the middle it would crash, but after a few trys it installed, so now after it installed it keeps crashing everytime I try to download the oculus software or pretty much anything at that

Feb 24, 2019
i just built a fresh new pc and had trouble installing windows 10 via flash drive for a while, just got it to work and it started crashing on me.. every 5 mins it would crash.. i got help by a link to the new drivers for my mobo but still crashing after downloading it.. im running out of options and i feel like this is a big waste of time.. is there something i can do??

specs:
b450 aorus pro wifi
ryzen 7 2700
xfx rx 580 gts black edition
600w evga psu
16gb ddr4 vengence 2400

Feb 24, 2019
So is windows installed and you getting an error about that afterwards? or you that error during installation? As I can't say I seen the second before, if it is case.

netwtw06.sys appears to be Intel Lan drivers. Have you got the latest ones? the latest on Gigabyte web site are only 3 days old - https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10#support-dl-driver-lan

might be best downloading them on another PC and putting them on USB, and installing on your PC. Once you have them on, also run the Gigabyte App centre (its in utilities on web site) and let it check all the other drivers are up to date as well.

i tried that link and still keeps crashing :(

Colif

Win 11 Master
sorry, I been busy this week and its not really ended...

It shouldn't crash during install, that is a sign of a hardware problem.

Try running memtesst86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 8 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

Reactions: petray671