Windows keeps duplicating my images

majiinakuma

Honorable
Mar 3, 2015
Hello,

So, if you look at the attached image below, you will notice I have two image files highlighted and opened on the right side of the screen. They are the same file. One is the original, and the much lower resolution one is labeled "_jpg_icon" at the end and is a duplicate of the original. You can look at my desktop image and notice multiple files like this. All of the duplicated files were originally made in either Photoshop or Daz (3D software). Please note, it's not the software's fault as both of these programs are completely independent of each other. And while I use Photoshop saves jpges, I use Daz to save 3D files (called .duf, they also get duplicated). What in the world is going on with all the duplicated files in Windows, and how do I stop it?

Image file of my desktop: http://i.imgur.com/KdkuuWe.jpg

majiinakuma

Honorable
Mar 3, 2015
Oh, I understand that they are icons. However, these icons have never appeared on my desktop before when I've saved files in the past. I'm more concerned with how to stop them from appearing.

Onetimetwotimes

Reputable
Mar 11, 2015

I am not sure why they are showing up on your desktop, they should be showing up in a specialized place for all images on your computer.

You can right-click them and go into properties and check the "hidden" option, however if you can see hidden files in your explorer, then this might not help.