Question Windows keeps re-arranging even if the other display is off ?

Sep 19, 2022
I'm using Windows 10 connected to a computer monitor with DisplayPort and a Samsung TV with HDMI. I have the monitor as the second screen (id=2) and the TV as the first one (id=1).

Most of the time I only want to use the monitors and I do that by Switching the TV off and doing Windows+P so it's set to second screen only. Custom Lithium Ion Battery Pack Manufacturer
The problem is that the TV is detected most of the time, but sometimes the detection gets lost for a second and all my windows are rearranged (even though my monitor is the only thing on). So it's basically a useless rearrangement. This all looks like my screen goes off for a second and goes back on every 2/3 minutes while the TV is off.

I have tried deactivating the TV, checking sleep options, try to reorder display output ids (but was not able to)... Is there any solution for this?

What it looks like: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Hq-GeVZ39c8

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
Have you tried updating / clean reinstalling the display drivers?
I would also look t see what refresh rate is set for each display and see if the cables you're using are both certified and have the bandwidth for such refresh rates.

ASK THE COMMUNITY