Question Windows lags even in desktop

Jul 18, 2019
(Not Sure if a cpu problem)

So, I've had this pc for almost a year but a few months ago it started lagging. When I boot on windows (10) and some time passes by I start experiencing lag even in the desktop. I move my cursor or try to drag any windows and it feels very laggy, goes in slowmotion, frame skips, etc. I also made 3 clean installation of windows 10 but the problem is still there. Any bit of help is welcome.

Here are my specs:

Gpu: Zotac 1060 6gb !AMP Cpu: Ryzen 3 1200

HDD: Toshiba 1tb 7000 rpm

CPU: Ryzen 3 1200 (Not OC)

SSD: I dont have one :(

Motherboard: Asrock A320m-dgs

Ram: Single Channel 8gb Hyperx Fury 2400mhz

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Firstly can you confirm if the issue occurs in safe mode?
If so, we can start looking through hardware (being as you have reinstalled windows a few times).

What is your PSU make and model?
Have you monitored CPU and GPU temps?
Do you have latest BIOS installed?

Jul 18, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Firstly can you confirm if the issue occurs in safe mode?
If so, we can start looking through hardware (being as you have reinstalled windows a few times).

What is your PSU make and model?
Have you monitored CPU and GPU temps?
Do you have latest BIOS installed?

I entered safe mode and it doesen't feels as smooth as normal windows but i think it's suposed to not run very smooth. After 15 minutes i checked the pc and there was not lag such as in normal windows.

PSU: EVGA 500W 80 Plus

My cpu temps are normally around 40 and max 65 while playing and my gpu around 43 and max 73 while playing.

Also, I do not have the lastest version of my bios.

Jul 18, 2019
I wouldn't be surprised if the motherboard was failing - 320 based boards are of lousy quality. Get yourself a new one.
I also saw these symptoms on a PC with a failing hard drive. Check the HDD's SMART state.

If I had to buy a new one would a b350 work ? And i checked my hhd with crystal disk and it says good and 39 celsius.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
First I would update your BIOS to latest version being as you are encountering issues.
Safe mode shouldn't stutter or lag at all, it simply disables and third party software from running.

Personally I wouldn't jump to MB upgrade straight away, it could be anything at this stage, so it's just eliminating the different areas.

What exact model EVGA is it? Just a standard no model 80+ one? Or BQ, B1 etc?
Are you running any OC or XMP (GPU or RAM)?
Have you run memtest to verify the integrity of your RAM modules?

First I would update your BIOS to latest version being as you are encountering issues.
Safe mode shouldn't stutter or lag at all, it simply disables and third party software from running.

Personally I wouldn't jump to MB upgrade straight away, it could be anything at this stage, so it's just eliminating the different areas.

As I said, it could also be the hard disk - or its controller.

Jul 18, 2019

The bios of my bother board wont let me update it.
My psu is as you say a standard evga model 80+
And memtest run for 2 hours but any errors are showing up.
And I have not Overclocked the GPU or the CPU.
And what is XMP ?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
The bios of my bother board wont let me update it.
My psu is as you say a standard evga model 80+
And memtest run for 2 hours but any errors are showing up.
And I have not Overclocked the GPU or the CPU.
And what is XMP ?
RAM overclock profile basically.
Leave memtest on for at least 4 passes, it may take some time.

The PSU is EVGA's poorer quality line, so this can certainly cause problems if it's beginning to fail. It's a case of replacing each component until you identify which is the faulting item.

It may also be worth changing the storage drive and seeing if the issue persists, even running on a bootable OS and removing the storage drive may help identify if the HDD is the issue.

Jul 18, 2019

The PSU is EVGA's poorer quality line, so this can certainly cause problems if it's beginning to fail. It's a case of replacing each component until you identify which is the faulting item.

It may also be worth changing the storage drive and seeing if the issue persists, even running on a bootable OS and removing the storage drive may help identify if the HDD is the issue.

I already left memtest through 4 stages but any errors showed up. Should I add an ssd and do a clean installation of windows in it ?
This is the psu: https://www.amazon.co.uk/EVGA-WHITE...rds=evga+500w&qid=1563490042&s=gateway&sr=8-2

Jul 18, 2019

Now I also tried to install an older versionof windows 10 (1709) but the lag still there.