Windows license will expire soon

chriswa2002

Honorable
Feb 24, 2017
Hi, so i have been getting this message for over a week now saying that my windows license will expire soon, although i have windows license activated on my pc properties, is there any way i can AT LEAST stop it from appearing? when im playing games it randomly pops up and i gotta tab out to close it.

Solution
Assuming the license is legit it sounds like your system has picked up a minor infection.
Try running Ccleaner to clear out the various .Temp files and folders that are scattered throughout Windows and run a full virus scan with either Windows Defender or AV software of your choice, and a malware sweep won't hurt either.

USAFRet

Titan

Where did you get your Windows license from?
Which specific OS is this?

Assuming the license is legit it sounds like your system has picked up a minor infection.
Try running Ccleaner to clear out the various .Temp files and folders that are scattered throughout Windows and run a full virus scan with either Windows Defender or AV software of your choice, and a malware sweep won't hurt either.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

Not necessarily.
An Insider install will expire.
A corporate license may be expecting to talk to their license server on a regular basis.

Hence the question...."Where did this license come from?"