Windows Live Mail restore from not working user account

la chupacabra

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2014
Hi Everyone,
My friend's user account (in Windows Vista) stopped working for some reason. I have access to all the data from that account but I don't know how to import contacts and email messages. Any ideas how to do it?

Solution
Well there are a few ways to do it. First off, the contacts SHOULD be in C:\Users\Username\Contacts and all the messages and folders are in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Microsoft\WindowsLiveMail.

One way you can try to do it, is to copy and paste the old Windows live mails folders into the same spot in the new account BEFORE you open live mail for the first time on that account.

If you already opened it, you have to do a simple import from the file menu, the folders will show up under "imported folder", at that point you can select all the emails in each folder, right click and choose "move" to put them in the right folder.

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
Well there are a few ways to do it. First off, the contacts SHOULD be in C:\Users\Username\Contacts and all the messages and folders are in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Microsoft\WindowsLiveMail.

One way you can try to do it, is to copy and paste the old Windows live mails folders into the same spot in the new account BEFORE you open live mail for the first time on that account.

If you already opened it, you have to do a simple import from the file menu, the folders will show up under "imported folder", at that point you can select all the emails in each folder, right click and choose "move" to put them in the right folder.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS