Windows live mail

Shirbatt

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
I can receive mail but not send. I have gone to my email client to get the settings. They even took control of my computer and did the setup and it still won't send mail. HELP!

Shirbatt

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
Yes I can see the outgoing email in the outbox. "They" are the techs from my ISP. I get this error message: Subject 'test'
Server: 'smtp.bresnan.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0D
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 11004
They suggested that there maybe something wrong with the program, so I reinstalled it and nothing changed.

You probably have the option to send & receive email through some WebMail program from your ISP's website.
Try sending some test messages from there to a friend and check you can send outgoing mail from your account.

Thunderbird is a free email application that's easy to set up and customize.
Give that a try. It will use the standard POP email setup info your ISP gave you.

Shirbatt

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011

I have been using my ISP's website exclusively and yes it does work for sending mail. I have used Outlook Express on my PC for years and with this laptop which has Windows 7, it is not available anymore. Microsoft recommended using Windows Live Mail as a replacement. I would really like to figure out why it won't work and wonder if it is just some setting that isn't correct.
I'm not familiar with Thunderbird, but will give it a try.
Thanks for everything. Happy New Year!

That would be my guess. And I suspect its in these settings:
ss068.jpg

ss067.jpg

TRENDING THREADS