Windows Logo changed

I upgraded one hard drive to SP2.
The black Windows XP logo screen used to say
Professional Edition. Now that last part is
missing. Did I do something wrong, or is that
the way it's supposed to be?
--
William B. Lurie

SP2 removes the Professional and Home logo after installation..

"William B. Lurie" <billurie@nospam.org> wrote in message
>I upgraded one hard drive to SP2.
> The black Windows XP logo screen used to say
> Professional Edition. Now that last part is
> missing. Did I do something wrong, or is that
> the way it's supposed to be?
> --
> William B. Lurie

You installed SP2. What you see is the current standard!

--

Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"William B. Lurie" <billurie@nospam.org> wrote in message
>I upgraded one hard drive to SP2.
> The black Windows XP logo screen used to say
> Professional Edition. Now that last part is
> missing. Did I do something wrong, or is that
> the way it's supposed to be?
> --
> William B. Lurie

Hi

No, you haven't done anything wrong. SP2 is designed like that now,as there
are several versions available - XP Home, Pro, Tablet PC etc.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

Will Denny wrote:
> Hi
>
> No, you haven't done anything wrong. SP2 is designed like that now,as there
> are several versions available - XP Home, Pro, Tablet PC etc.

Thank you, fellows. Whew! I thought it might
be something I did.

--
William B. Lurie