Windows malfunctioning after malware removal

Natan_3

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017
Hello, so I had this issue if malware on my computer and fixed it using Malwarebytes, after the procedure, some functions on my PC aren't working, until now all of them are related to microsoft apps and programs: Microsoft Edge, Skype, Microsoft store, dolby access and sticky notes(I actually need that) are the ones that I know that aren't working. Microsoft Edge simply says that it can't reach the page, Microsoft Store gives me error code: 0x80072EE7 (googling it won't help), skype tells me that skype services are unavailable. I've searched a bit and people usually have this issue after malware removal.

For some reason I don't have any restore points available (I like to create restore points periodically), and I've tried a few things that haven't changed anything, such as: CHKDSK /f, sfc /scannow, internet repair with Rizone, I've tried to clean Microsoft store cache and redefining it's apps with a code I got from a microsoft forum.

I don't see another alternative besides reinstalling windows, which is something I really don't want to do, so please help!
I'm on windows 10 64Bits

Solution
there is an option in recovery where it will reinstall windows and keep your files. although i think it deletes all your programs but places a text document of all the programs you had installed

Natan_3

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017

Yes, it will do that, I'd have to reinstall a load of games and apps again if I do this, so I'll only doing this if I run out of options

TRENDING THREADS