Windows Media Mobile 10 problem on Axim X30 - ROM A5

Hi all!
I just got my Axim on Friday to replace my dying iPaq.
I LOVE this unit, it's WAY better than my iPaq and the wireless works
great! :)

I installed the new ROM (A5) as mine had A3.
Everything seems fine except Mobile Media 10.

When I start it up it gets the circular 'working' icon and that never
goes away if I leave it.
If I start going through the menus it disappears, but I can't use the
player.

No libraries ever show up and if I try to browse for files, either MP3
or WMA they don't show up when I browse to the folder.. although they're
definitely there.

When I get home I'm going to try downloading 10 and installing the app
manually.. but was hoping someone had a fix for this.

Thanks all.

You'll have more luck if you go here:
http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums?category.id=AximTech

"San Diego Guy" <sandiegguy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi all!
> I just got my Axim on Friday to replace my dying iPaq.
> I LOVE this unit, it's WAY better than my iPaq and the wireless works
> great! :)
>
> I installed the new ROM (A5) as mine had A3.
> Everything seems fine except Mobile Media 10.
>
> When I start it up it gets the circular 'working' icon and that never goes
> away if I leave it.
> If I start going through the menus it disappears, but I can't use the
> player.
>
> No libraries ever show up and if I try to browse for files, either MP3 or
> WMA they don't show up when I browse to the folder.. although they're
> definitely there.
>
> When I get home I'm going to try downloading 10 and installing the app
> manually.. but was hoping someone had a fix for this.
>
> Thanks all.

Thanks a lot, I did find the answer there.

If anyone finds this thread:
Apparently even though the docs say you can restore your data, via
ActiveSync, after the ROM upgrade.. don't do it.

This is what killed Media Mobile 10.
The fix is to do a hard reset and re-load the data and apps manually.

Steve