Windows Media Player 12 toolbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude88yl

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
I have tried but can't get the new WMP to pin to the taskbar in windows 7 like previous versions. I know there are the 3 options (play/pause, previous and next) when you hover it, but it's not quite the same, i.e. no volume control. Anyone know any work arounds? if not, MICROSOFT NEEDS TO BRING THE MINI TOOLBAR BACK!!!

Solution
I have a work around! I too miss the old WMP toolbar from previous versions and have a solution. It involves reverting back to WMP11, which IMO is WAY better than WMP12 for more reasons than just the toolbar. I am starting a new thread with the heading: Windows Media Player 11 in Windows 7 - WMP Toobar. I'll post it within a half hour - I just need to write it up.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
I have a work around! I too miss the old WMP toolbar from previous versions and have a solution. It involves reverting back to WMP11, which IMO is WAY better than WMP12 for more reasons than just the toolbar. I am starting a new thread with the heading: Windows Media Player 11 in Windows 7 - WMP Toobar. I'll post it within a half hour - I just need to write it up.

Solution

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
The issue is the lack of a mini player toolbar in WMP12.
ScreenShot001.jpg

Justin Buser

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010

I don't see how this is really a solution to the problem. The following works for WMP12 so you don't have to downgrade:

obtain a copy of C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpband.dll from a computer with WMP11 on it (for the same type of os, i.e. 32/64 bit)

place this file in the C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\ directory on the computer with WMP12

stop the Windows Media Player Network Sharing service

run a command prompt AS ADMINISTRATOR

execute the following command: regsvr32 "c:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpband.dll"

restart the Windows Media Player Network Sharing service

run Windows Media Player 12 and minimize it

right click on the toolbar -> toolbars and select Windows Media Player

That's it, if you have any problems try performing the preceding steps after a clean reboot and before running windows media player.

G

Awesome! Could someone please post a copy of the needed wmpband.dll for 64 bit? Rather not install, catch file, reinstall, etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.