Windows media player gets a blue screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
so i was watching a movie using windows media player then after like 20 min i the pic starts to freeze and green lines came up. so i turned of my monitor and tried turning it back on and nothing. So i waited for a few sec and then the blue screen of death came up. again i played the movie to check if itll happen and it did. So then i started vlc player and everything was good. Now why would i get the blue screen from using windows media player? any ideas ?

tmike

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
about once out of every 50 hours of viewing time, my system locks up if i'm watching TV w/ MP and using Photo Viewer. Just when i advance to the next pic, or change the view size of the image i'm viewing, or close Photo Viewer - POOF. But not often, and apparently only if MP is running.

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
huh thats some weird shyt. hope it gets solved. another thing is when i add movies to windows media center my 360 does not see them. their all connected together how its suppose to be. i add a movie to windows media center go check my 360 and nothing. i restart my 360 still nothing its really getting annoying.

problempage

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
I am in UK and have added a dual digital tuner TV card to my new dell i7 PC. It works fine except sometimnes I get the Blue Screen of Death. I am pretty sure it is something to do with the card but can't be 100% sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS