windows messenger and outlook

whenever i click 'my email inbox' in messenger it opens outlook express...i
dont want it to do that since i dont use outlook. it used to open my hotmail
inbox for me. what can i do to change this? thanks!

Greetings,

Actually, the SP2 version of Windows Messenger doesn't support Add-Ins and causes this
behavior, so I just assume you've simply updated to SP2 recently?

To quickly fix this, simply downgrade back to the previous version from here:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4

You'll also need the MSN Add-In:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=738f90c1-755e-433a-bcd3-0f9d0a705f55
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"silvermystery" <silvermystery@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> whenever i click 'my email inbox' in messenger it opens outlook express...i
> dont want it to do that since i dont use outlook. it used to open my hotmail
> inbox for me. what can i do to change this? thanks!

TRENDING THREADS