Windows Messenger (.NET Messenger)

I have a new DELL computer that I just began working on seriously and now I
discovered that every time I get online there is a ".NET Messenger" icon
running in my System Tray! I have tried to get rid of it but it keeps coming
back!

How do I purge this thing permanently? I have gone to the Control Panel,
Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components and unchecked the box for
it... but it refuses to go away!!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

--
DWK
Simi Valley

Hello
Open it and go to Tools>Options then set it not to start on startup

--
Hope This Helps
Haus
"Dave. W. Kugelstadt" <bddwk@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I have a new DELL computer that I just began working on seriously and now
> discovered that every time I get online there is a ".NET Messenger" icon
> running in my System Tray! I have tried to get rid of it but it keeps
coming
> back!
>
> How do I purge this thing permanently? I have gone to the Control Panel,
> Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components and unchecked the box
for
> it... but it refuses to go away!!
>
> Any help would be appreciated!
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> DWK
> Simi Valley
> CA
> USA

I just checked again and... there is NO SUCH OPTION!

But thanks anyway.