Windows missing drivers

Minikronos

Reputable
Aug 31, 2014
So today i put in a new motherboard and a new CPU and then put all my parts into a new case. I turn on my computer and let it boot up. After waiting and a few times turning the computer on and off for various other reasons i found that my computer couldn't install a few certain drivers. Without these drivers i can't acces the internet and each time i plug in a USB it can't find it so i have no idea how i can install and update these following drivers:

- Ethernet Controller
- PCI Memory Controller
- PCI Simple Communications Controller
- SM Bus Controller
- Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller

and thoughts?

Luminary

Admirable
If you have the mobo driver disk that would be your best bet, as Corwin65 already suggested.

IF you don't have that disk (or don't have a disk drive), you should be able to download the missing drivers from the motherboard's official website to a USB. You could then plug the USB into your new system to install the required drivers from there.

Minikronos

Reputable
Aug 31, 2014
i changed from a i3 to a i5, do i need to still re install windows? hmm

also i have the most incredible set up rn (due to some incredibly tight screws i can't remove the disk drive from my old case) i have managed to get a disk drive working on my computer :) and i can put the disk that came with my mobo into my computer

TRENDING THREADS