WINDOWS new HDD

Solution
If all the other hardware remains the same, Windows may self-activate without the need to provide the activation key when it reports the system's hardware signature to Microsoft's authentication servers and finds a match.

If you have no copy of the original install DVD or USB key, you'll have to download the install image from some other PC using Microsoft's download service, create the install media and go from there.

InvalidError

Titan
If all the other hardware remains the same, Windows may self-activate without the need to provide the activation key when it reports the system's hardware signature to Microsoft's authentication servers and finds a match.

If you have no copy of the original install DVD or USB key, you'll have to download the install image from some other PC using Microsoft's download service, create the install media and go from there.

Solution
Feb 22, 2018

Not sure, when I bought the laptop everything was ok, and they did not provide to me any installation dvd or similar.

I am so confused about it, what is going to happen when I put new HDD and start the laptop ?
Some say installation code is at the bottom of the laptop ( I was thinking that is laptop serial number or wahtever)

USAFRet

Titan

For Win 7, it is either on the bottom of the laptop, or possibly under the battery.

Feb 22, 2018

Hi just checked, I have had windows 8, so just to ask if I do not have a serial number ( because I bought a new laptop without any additional dvd or similar) do I need installation DVD or what?

Is it possible to do it without buying the new installation DVD and if it is - how?
If you have a time step by step- appreciate ....

Thanks a lot