Windows not booting after turning on first time

Swordsman90

Reputable
Sep 17, 2014
Ever since installing my new SSD my PC has been struggling to boot to my OS, sometimes it takes me two or three hard reboots to get past the POST check & to get it going. My BIOS is set to boot to my SSD primarily so I don't know what's causing this issue.

On a side note, I have the previous partition of Windows 7 appearing on my Windows Boot Manager so I'm wondering how I remove it, or if it might be playing a part in my troubles.

Thanks to anyone who may have any tips.

bharathbigb

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2013
Hi Sir,I am Bharath from India.I think I can help you.I highly suspect the Previous Partition.I know the Steps

1. Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog, type msconfig, and press Enter.

2. Click/tap on the Boot tab.

3. Select the operating system you want to delete that is not set as the Default OS, and click/tap on Delete.
NOTE: If the OS you want to delete from the list is the Default OS, then you will need to change the default operating system to another listed OS first.

4. Check the Make all boot settings permanent box, and click/tap on OK.

5. Click/tap on Yes to confirm.

6. Click/tap on the Restart Later button.
WARNING: This will restart the computer immediately. Make sure you save and close anything open that you do not want to lose first.

And After Editing that,

1) Download and Install Advanced System Care 7.4 Free

2) Make it PRO (Check in Youtube for How to make it Pro)

3) Select all Options and Start Scanning for Issues

4) It will defenitly find some Issues and Tap "Fix"

5) It will fix everything up.

DO not Shut It down Yet !

1) Download and Install Driver Booster 1.5

2) Make it into PRO (Go to youtube and see How to)

3) Scan for Outdated Drivers

4) It will show every Outdated Driver

5) Download and Install Outdated Drivers (Just click "Update")

And after all these fixes,Try restarting your PC.Hope this works for you.Please inform me the Result of all these.Thank you

bharathbigb

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2013
Mr.Swordsman90,Please try to Open msconfig in Safe Mode and then Do what I have told you Sir.Try restarting your PC.Hope this works for you.Please inform me the Result of all these.If it fixes your problem,Please don't forget to select mine as your best Answer.Thank you