• Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Question Windows not booting from new SSD

Aug 20, 2019
I recently bought an ssd (MX500) to upgrade my current boot disk (Samsung HD103SJ)
Windows does install, but won't boot.
My components are:
MSI H110M ECO
Intel Pentium G4560
MSI GTX 1050TI 4GT OC
G.Skill Aegis F4-3000C16S-8GISB
Crucial MX500 2,5 inch 1TB SSD
Samsung HD103SJ 1TB HDD
Corsair VS550

Aug 20, 2019
yes i did, and while windows said that it was done and was going to reboot, i pulled out the usb-stick from which i was booting because the ssd wasn't on top in the boot order

Aug 20, 2019
so my brother tuned in and took a look into it. he did a motherboard reset and now it is visible in the BIOS. Now we are installing windows, keeping you guys up to date
Edit: not going as well as expected, windows can't install because of the hardware of my computer, it doesn't support the starting of the disk. So i need to make sure it is enabledin the BIOS.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019
So, i have been looking on the internet for a solution for the hardware and not supporting the starting of my pc. I found like 3 articles that said i should change my SATA mode to AHCI or to IDE/RAID. Now here is the problem, my BIOS is locked to AHCI mode. I can click on it and get a menu, but there is nothing else than AHCI. Does updating my BIOS to a version of a complete other motherboard fix the problem or is it harmful if i do that
Current BIOS version is the newest of this motherboard (7994v2D)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS