Windows not booting, nothing seems to work.

JoelRikhard

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016
I have windows 8.1 installed on an SSD and it was working fine until one day it wouldn't boot anymore. It went into the automatic repair loop which fixed nothing. The BIOS sees the ssd and is in the boot priority. I made a bootable windows 8 usb stick and tried running start-up repair from it which again fixed nothing. The refreshing and resetting options didn't work either, got a message saying that my ssd is locked. I also tried sfc/scannow and chkdsk tools in cmd but with no success. It seemed weird to me that the stick seemed to be running really slow, loading long time.
Now the usb stick doesn't work anymore it just goes to the loading screen and then loads for 5 minutes and after that black screen. I made a live ubuntu usb which worked fine but inside it i couldn't get access to the ssd because it wasn't "mounted correctly". At this point I'm starting to suspect some kind of hardware failure because it doesn't make sense to me. And the SSD is only a month old.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Update: I connected the ssd to another pc and booted in ubuntu so i could at least save my files but same problem, somekind of "error in mounting". Then I decided to try and run cmd with the windows usb stick but it went to the same black screen after loading. I disconnected the ssd and the usb started working. I connected the ssd again the stick froze. So it seems like the ssd has some kind of problem. Maybe I should try formatting it. But if it doesn't work, I will have lost all my files for nothing.

TRENDING THREADS