[SOLVED] windows not coming full screen!

Oct 4, 2019
What resolution settings did you try?
What's the model name of your monitor?

Did you install graphics drivers after installing windows 8.1 ?
i tried 1920*1080
samsung monitor.
no i did not installed ,,, i did not installed graphics driver when i did setup windows 10,this is first time i setup windows 8.1 on my desktop, is this mandatory to install?

If you do not install the driver, then it is running the "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" driver which has a very limited number of resolutions that work, few of which are widescreen.

The reason it is not full screen is you are running a 4:3 resolution lower than your widescreen monitor's native resolution. Your monitor may have display scaling enabled so you only see black bars on the sides.

samsung monitor.
no i did not installed ,,, i did not installed graphics driver when i did setup windows 10,this is first time i setup windows 8.1 on my desktop, is this mandatory to install?
Model name of the monitor? It is written on backside. Samsung manufactures thousands of different monitor models.

Yes - graphics driver is necessary.
Do you know hardware specs of your pc? Graphics card model? CPU model? Motherboard?

Oct 4, 2019
Model name of the monitor? It is written on backside. Samsung manufactures thousands of different monitor models.

Yes - graphics driver is necessary.
Do you know hardware specs of your pc? Graphics card model? CPU model? Motherboard?
Actually ,i know little about my computer ,,,,,
as far as i know, Asrock ,amd

TRENDING THREADS