[SOLVED] Windows not detected

Jan 14, 2019
Hi, I bought a new hard disc for my pc but i install windows 8 in my hard disc using my friend pc. Later on i install the hard disc on my own desktop but it seem that the windows is not detected. It shows a blackscreen which saying strike F1 to boot and F2 for the utility. There's also showing which SATA installed. I press F1 but nothing happen except for the screen flickering and nothing happen. How can i fix this?

Solution

Newly bought hard drive is like newly bought VHS or cassette tape - there's nothing on it. You need installation media - properly prepared DVD or USB drive, with Windows setup as per your license.

USAFRet

Titan

You installed the OS while the drive was in one system. Then you moved that drive to your system.
And it fails to boot.

This is typical and to be expected.

You need to install the OS while it is in the system where it will live. Not some other system and move it later.

Jan 14, 2019

Jan 14, 2019
@USAFRet But the same thing happen when i use my own desktop. I couldn't even install windows. Just showing the black screen F1 and F2. I've tried using my own desktop first but failed so i tried to use my friend pc. The windows installed successfully on my friend pc's.

USAFRet

Titan

It won't boot from your install USB?

Jan 14, 2019

Newly bought hard drive is like newly bought VHS or cassette tape - there's nothing on it. You need installation media - properly prepared DVD or USB drive, with Windows setup as per your license.

Solution