Windows not detecting dual monitors

pccccu

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017
So we have some work PCs with 64-bit Windows 7. We have installed dual HP EliteDisplay monitors but Windows is only showing 1 monitor. The 2nd monitor is mirrored, and if use try and detect the 2nd one nothing happens. There is no box to check "extend these monitors.

I noticed in the device manager is showing "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" and not Intel HD 4600 as well.

PC Specs

• HP PC
    i5 4590
    4GB RAM
    500 GB HDD

I've tried using the drivers that come with the monitors and they install and show up in control panel as a named monitor instead of generic but it didn't help. I don't know how to fix this.

Thanks

Solution
If you are using intel integrated graphics, and plugging the monitors into the motherboard, you need to install the intel display drivers.
The monitor drivers are just documentation.
Right click on the desktop and you should see both monitors.
Identify will tell you which is which.
You can drag them to swap the location.
there should be an option to extend these displays.

popatim

Titan
Whats the model# of the HP from the sticker on the back please?

This is because of the graphics drivers and updating them to the intel HD one should resolve the issue but you may also need the chiopset driver installed first; hence the question.

If you are using intel integrated graphics, and plugging the monitors into the motherboard, you need to install the intel display drivers.
The monitor drivers are just documentation.
Right click on the desktop and you should see both monitors.
Identify will tell you which is which.
You can drag them to swap the location.
there should be an option to extend these displays.

Solution