[SOLVED] Windows not detecting my ASUS vg248qe monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowTier

Reputable
Dec 1, 2019
I'm not locked at 60 I'm able to get 144hz, I'm just confused because it still says generic pnp monitor in device manager. Don't know if I should be concerned. I do not have a disk drive anymore so can't use the installation disc.

Solution
Windows will report any monitor as just "Generic PnP" until you install the monitor driver from that monitor manufacturer's website. Your monitor will work fine without this driver but if the driver exists it's a good idea to install it.

I have checked on that model and it seems that manual driver installation is only necessary for Windows 8 or earlier.

For Windows 8.1 & Windows 10, the driver should get installed automatically from the OS or via Windows auto-updates
:

Windows will report any monitor as just "Generic PnP" until you install the monitor driver from that monitor manufacturer's website. Your monitor will work fine without this driver but if the driver exists it's a good idea to install it.

I have checked on that model and it seems that manual driver installation is only necessary for Windows 8 or earlier.

For Windows 8.1 & Windows 10, the driver should get installed automatically from the OS or via Windows auto-updates
:

Reactions: LowTier
Solution

LowTier

Reputable
Dec 1, 2019

:

Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.