Jan 9, 2020
Hello,

I am having a problem where sometimes windows will recognize all of my RAM, and other times it only recognizes half. Sometimes right after booting it will recognize all 16GB, but will later only recognize 8GB. I have tried updating UEFI, running the built in memory test, unchecking max memory in msconfig, reseating my RAM and moving it to different slots, power cycling, and doing a complete system power drain. None of this has worked, and most of the time when I boot my system, it work fine, but about 10- minutes later, it only recognizes half my RAM. And sometimes it only recognizes half my RAM on startup. Could a system file in Windows 10 be corrupt?

My system specs are:
-Ryzen 5 2600
-16GB of RAM
-Radeon RX 580 8GB
-ASRock B450M Pro4

Sorry if I didn't explain my problem very well, I've been trying to figure this out for awhile, but nothing has worked.

Ralston18

Titan
Are you running dual channel with a matched pair of 8 GB modules? Or some other RAM configuration?

Does the following User Manual match your motherboard?

http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/B450 Steel Legend.pdf

Verify that I correctly identified the manual for your motherboard.

Then double check your installation via Section 2.3, physically numbered Pages 22 and 23.

If one 8 GB module (by itself) consistently provides stable performance but the other module when by itself does not, then the second module may be defective.

You will need a new matched (2 x 8 GB) kit