Apr 19, 2019
Hello All,

I am currently using a HP ENVY x360 Convertible with an Intel® UHD Graphics 620 driver built in. A while ago, my computer stopped being able to connect to HDMI devices (including multiple TV's, monitors, and projectors). When I plug in the HDMI cable, the monitor seems to recognize a connection but eventually goes to sleep because there is no HDMI data being sent. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling my graphics driver as well as the display monitor driver from device manager to no avail. I have also tried connecting to other monitors with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Specs
------------
  • HP ENVY x360 Convertible
  • Intel® UHD Graphics 620
  • Windows 10 Home version 1803
  • HP 25vx 25-inch LED Backlit Monitor (But others have also failed too)

Things I've Already Tried
----------------------------------------
  • Disabling and Re-enabling Graphics Driver and Monitor Driver
  • Uninstalling Graphics and Monitor Drivers and Restarting PC
  • Trying other cables and other monitors
  • Connecting a different PC to my monitor (which works)
  • Making sure the Project (Win + P) is set to Extend (Or any other mode)

I appreciate any and all help and would be happy to provide more information.

Solution
Is there any visible damage inside the HDMI port? Look for pins out of place.

To troubleshoot a problem with Windows software, try booting from an Ubuntu live CD. In the same downloaded image that installs Ubuntu there's the option to load the desktop to "try it out" which makes for a nice way to test things other than Ubuntu's own software, without changing anything stored on the hard drive/SSD. Create a bootable thumb drive with the image and boot the laptop from it (hitting F9 at startup should bring up the boot menu) then choose "try Ununtu" as opposed to "Install". The Live CD contains common drivers and should display to the monitors
Is there any visible damage inside the HDMI port? Look for pins out of place.

To troubleshoot a problem with Windows software, try booting from an Ubuntu live CD. In the same downloaded image that installs Ubuntu there's the option to load the desktop to "try it out" which makes for a nice way to test things other than Ubuntu's own software, without changing anything stored on the hard drive/SSD. Create a bootable thumb drive with the image and boot the laptop from it (hitting F9 at startup should bring up the boot menu) then choose "try Ununtu" as opposed to "Install". The Live CD contains common drivers and should display to the monitors

Solution
Aug 23, 2021
Hi Akil47, I hope that you solved it, but if you didn't. You are not alone. Is a problem a lot of this laptops are having.
My soultion was to buy a DELL UNIVERSAL DOCK D6000
Here, check this vid:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raWv_njxbU0&feature=youtu.be

Hello All,

I am currently using a HP ENVY x360 Convertible with an Intel® UHD Graphics 620 driver built in. A while ago, my computer stopped being able to connect to HDMI devices (including multiple TV's, monitors, and projectors). When I plug in the HDMI cable, the monitor seems to recognize a connection but eventually goes to sleep because there is no HDMI data being sent. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling my graphics driver as well as the display monitor driver from device manager to no avail. I have also tried connecting to other monitors with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Specs
------------
  • HP ENVY x360 Convertible
  • Intel® UHD Graphics 620
  • Windows 10 Home version 1803
  • HP 25vx 25-inch LED Backlit Monitor (But others have also failed too)
Things I've Already Tried
----------------------------------------
  • Disabling and Re-enabling Graphics Driver and Monitor Driver
  • Uninstalling Graphics and Monitor Drivers and Restarting PC
  • Trying other cables and other monitors
  • Connecting a different PC to my monitor (which works)
  • Making sure the Project (Win + P) is set to Extend (Or any other mode)
I appreciate any and all help and would be happy to provide more information.