Question Windows not responding after closing certain games ?

Jun 21, 2021
hey
I am having problems with my new pc (built 4 weeks ago) since last week when I close certain games everything is fine but when I open a browser or any games or apps, Windows stopsresponding (I can still move my cursor and use the keyboard ) , rgb on fan shuts down (fans still running). I can open the start menu but when I click on something nothing happens (not even shut down or restart ) . The current workaround is to restore windows to a previous date which solves the problem but it happens again when I open a game . (I did not do a full system restore since my anti virus prevents it from completing at 100% )

Here are the games that do NOT cause any issues
Skyrim (launched trough a Script extender )
Guild wars 2
Cyberpunk
Here are the ones who causes problems after closing
Fable anniversary
feeding frenzy 2
Naruto Ultimate ninja storm 4
I am thinking maybe that it may be a problem with steam since the games that work aren't directly launched by steam (ex Guild wars 2 has its own client and launcher same for cyberpunk and as I said skyrim although is a game from steam it is launched by a script extender .)

What would you guys suggest ?
I am no pro when it commes to pc haha so I am kinda lost . Ive checked forums and have no idea how the perform the fixes (which arent sure to work ) ex. updating bios , ram integrity etc.
Here are my pc specs:

Gigabyte aorus ultra mobo
4x8 3600 corsair vengence pro rgb
Amd 3950x cpu
rtx 3080 gpu
Cooler master Master liquid 240l aio
6x corsair ll120 rgb fans controlled by the lightning node pro
Samsung nvme 980 pro SSD 1 TB
MSI nvme m370 SSD 1TB
Pc was built 4 weeks ago I ordered the parts and got my pc built by a shop ,everything was fine until last week.
Recently installed apps are the aorus app center and aorus System information viewer
Thanks in advance

Edit:
Here is a updated list of games that do not cause issues:
Skyrim, guild wars2, cyberpunk, conan exiles, ori and the blind forest , elite dangerous, anno 2205 .

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2021
are all the games on the same drive? you don't mention storage

is the ultra an x570? I assume it is.

gigabyte apps aren't a great help I found (have an Aorus x570 elite)

what PSU do you have?
oh forgot that lol and no they are not . Thanks for mentioning it !

Yes it is a x570

PSU: corsair RM 850x Gold