Windows not responding.

Neuros

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016
I have about a 5 year old PC. AMD FX 6200, 8 GB of RAM, a older FX Radeon GPU, and a semi cheap motherboard. I haven't replaced anything except for the stock heat sink and fan a few months ago. I thought My last hard drive started having issues, programs not loading, Windows crashing etc. So I ran a Diagnostics on it and it said the hard drive had reached higher temperatures than it was supposed to. I replaced the hard drive and installed a new Windows 10 but now Windows 10 keeps not responding and runs very sluggish to the point I can barely do anything. I thought it started working with just Steam and a few games on it and nothing else then about 3 days later it wouldn't boot saying it could not repair Windows 10. I did another Windows 10 installation and it's still doing the same thing. I've noticed in task manager the hard drive usage is almost at 100% most of the time and after a while it will stop and go down. I've tried disabling Windows search and SuperFetch but neither has helped. I'm wondering if any of the components like the motherboard CPU or Ram could have reached high temperatures and be causing this. Has anyone else had this issue?

Lutfij

Titan
If your new installation of Windows 10 is resulting i 100% HDD usage then you're undergoing a memory leak. That comes about from a corruption in the OS. You should try and perform a repair install and see if the issue is alleviated.

Might I ask for your full system's specs? Have you made sure your motherboard BIOS is up to date?

Neuros

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016
Yea it's the fx 6200, 8 g ram, Radeon hd 6870, mobo is msi 970a-g46, new 1tb western digital should be 7200 hardrive. Windows 10 64x, 115v/230 powersupply. I've tried repairing even with the Windows 10 usb in and it says it can't repair it and just goes back to options for repair. 2 brand new installations one on the new hardrive one on my old one both having the exact same symptoms. I actually haven't flashed/updated bios in a few years I did it once like 3 years ago but that was it so its prob not up to date tbh, think that could cause all this to suddenly happen? I was wondering maybe ram is so old one may be going bad.

Edit I updated bios still same problem