Question Windows not responding

Feb 8, 2020
Hi, My win 10 about 2 days ago started crashing out of nowhere, it happened when I was downloading a game on steam and simply steam was "not responding", I opened the task manager and it was also "not responding" and it stays there, the pc it is slow and everything I try to open is showing "not responding". I already formatted the pc and tried to reinstall on another HD, but the error continues. When I click to restart it takes hours to restart.
-I already formatted the pc and it didn't solve
  • I exchanged memories and it didn't solve
  • I performed tests such as: memtest and others on the video card, memory and hard drives and all passed the tests
  • In the task manager everything appears normal, the use of hardware is below 10%
  • I can use the mouse and the PC at the beginning until I start to lock everything and everything is "not responding"
  • I've updated all the drivers and windows and it didn't work.

Pc Info:
64gb ram ddr4
i9 9900k
rtx 2080ti
Psu: corsair 850w
motherboard: z390 pro carbon
SO: win 10

ndy93

Honorable
Apr 6, 2015
  1. try replacing the cmos battery on the motherboard,
  2. check if the cpu cooler is having proper contact with the cpu.
  3. clean the ram ,especially the points of contact.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020
@ndy93 I cleaned the ram, and I use watercooler, I don't know how I would do step 2. I came to say that my windows generated a minidump file and apparently this is the error: INTEGER_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO_c0000094_explorer.exe

The error is in the windows explorer, but I have no idea how to solve it, any ideas? I think it's a little strange, because even formatting the computer, it didn't solve

Feb 8, 2020
@The_Prophecy i'm srry, my computer got to a level where just plugging it already crashed, I had to format it and I couldn't save the dumps.

Updating here, I reinstalled windows and it's been 10 hours since the PC is on and hasn't crashed, however I feel that the PC is freezing sometimes. I went to play in steam, the game showed bugs that it never had before, (the image of the character distorted), I thought it was a gpu, I used furmark, but the test didn't show anything wrong. Anyway, can it be something with HD? In the test it showed no badblock, but I noticed now that "Attention" is written in "interface CRC error Count", I had problems after formatting it too, it did not appear on my computer, I went to computer management and created a new volume and even then it wasn’t showing up, I had to format it from diskpart so it would appear on my computer. Windows is installed on the SSD (which is normal), I would like to know if the HD or Sata cable with problem can cause all this, even with Windows not installed on it.