[SOLVED] Windows Not Using RAM

Kyle_84

Commendable
Jul 21, 2016
So I have 32gb of DDR4 RAM supported by my ASRock X99 Extreme4 but for whatever reason, even after updating the BIOS, Windows is still only using 16gb of the 32gb. My Theory is that only 2 of the slots are being used. I added 16gb more (since I only had 16gb at the time) and CPUID seems to recognize it, but BIOS and Windows isn't recognizing/using it. My new RAM is the Vengeance RGB 3200mhz (supported) but since I added it it hasn't been used. (RGB WORKS) I've even tried completely resetting my PC as a kinda last resort although I haven't tried swapping slots. Any suggestions helps.

Solution
if u see half of you ram working, then it only means two things
either your ram is not fully seated or your mainboard has issues with initializing your sticks
either way those 16gb are hardware disabled for stability reasons
try to reseat your sticks
if u see half of you ram working, then it only means two things
either your ram is not fully seated or your mainboard has issues with initializing your sticks
either way those 16gb are hardware disabled for stability reasons
try to reseat your sticks

Solution
Corsair as well as other memory manufacturers won't guarantee the kind of combination you have will be compatible together.

Memory is guaranteed in the form sold.

Workarounds to get extra memory to work include:
Lower memory clock speed
Relax DRAM timings
Increase DRAM voltage

Coltmerg420

Honorable
Oct 4, 2013
SO i have all the same ram that = 128 gigs windows only sees and uses 42 gigs all corsair on windows 10. and a ryzen 1950 x ....they are 16 gig. I put 2 in i get 18 gigs or something way off .I tested each one they all read 8 gigs but ram is 16 gigs ....I think it is a bug in windows 10 /

Latest posts