Windows NT 4.0 Server SP6 STOP 0x0000000A

Hello.

We've been running a Windows NT 4.0 Server SP6 on our mailserver with
Exchange 5.5 SP4 for quite a while now.
Last night the server went down with a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL STOP
0x0000000A message caused by fpcibase.sys.
On the internet I cannot find any information on this STOP error in
combination with fpcibase.sys.
Until this incident occured, the server had been running without problems
for years.

The machine is:
Dual Pentium Pro 200Mhz
256mb EDO-SIMM (8x32mb)
ICP Vortex GDT6517RP RAID Controller
4x IBM DCAS-34330 UW
3Com 905B Ethernet card

Any help would be grealty appreciated, but please no "bah go buy a new
machine" I don't have the resources for buying an entirely new system.

Thanks in advance,
Andreas Iwanowski

In news:cdf458$68f$1@online.de,
Andreas Iwanowski <namezero@atlantic.net> posted a question
Then Kevin replied below:
> Hello.
>
> We've been running a Windows NT 4.0 Server SP6 on our
> mailserver with Exchange 5.5 SP4 for quite a while now.
> Last night the server went down with a
> IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL STOP 0x0000000A message caused by
> fpcibase.sys.
> On the internet I cannot find any information on this
> STOP error in combination with fpcibase.sys.
> Until this incident occured, the server had been running
> without problems for years.
>
> The machine is:
> Dual Pentium Pro 200Mhz
> 256mb EDO-SIMM (8x32mb)
> ICP Vortex GDT6517RP RAID Controller
> 4x IBM DCAS-34330 UW
> 3Com 905B Ethernet card

I can't find anything in English, except that fpcibase.sys seems to be a
modem driver. Do you have a modem?

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

There was a modem installed on the server for dialin RAS a long time ago...
I just saw that it's still installed. I will delete the driver and RAS and
then hope for the best.

Thank you