windows NT 4.0 service pack 3 or higher download failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Hello! I have windows XP and would like to play a game that I previously
played when we had windows 95, in order to do this I need to download windows
NT 4.0 service pack 3 or higher but every attempt has ended in failure. Is
this feat even possible? Is there something else I can download to get this
game to work?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

This is a Terminal Server newsgroup. Your question doesn't seem to
have any relationship with TS.

Anyway: No, this is not possible. You cannot install a ServicePack
for one Operating System on a completely different one!
Moreover, it's not available anymore, since some 10 years or so.
If you get this message from within the game you are trying to play,
it simply means that it cannot run on your current Operating System.
The game assumes that your OS is not up-to-date, but of course, it's
the other way around: you are trying to run it on a OS which is 2
generations newer than the gamemakers had in mind.

Your best bet: buy a second hand computer which runs Windows 95.
Vera Noest
TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___

"=?Utf-8?B?TGlzYQ==?=" <badger0024@yahoo.com> wrote on 30 aug 2005
in microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications: