Windows OEM Licenses

Denis_45

Prominent
May 13, 2017
Hello,

I currently have a Windows 10 license attached to my laptop. I recently found a good deal on a Windows 7 OEM however and I'm curious if I fresh install W7 - will that replace my OEM W10 license, meaning I can't switch back to it afterwards, or will I then have 2 licenses attached to my motherboard and I can reinstall whichever.

Thanks!

Solution
i had two licenses on one laptop but one was a volume license from the company, a win 7 pro , the other was the oem one that came with the laptop, perhaps it was windows 8

two oem licenses, not sure if microsoft allows that

you could call them and confirm, i do think that one should be a volume license or a retail license for this to work but i could be wrong

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
i had two licenses on one laptop but one was a volume license from the company, a win 7 pro , the other was the oem one that came with the laptop, perhaps it was windows 8

two oem licenses, not sure if microsoft allows that

you could call them and confirm, i do think that one should be a volume license or a retail license for this to work but i could be wrong

Solution

Denis_45

Prominent
May 13, 2017
The deal is legit, it's just that I might not be able figure out how to install it on my laptop on my own, since it requires UEFI (from what I understand), and I don't want to end up without any OS and having to buy another W10 to revert back.

Thanks.

John_561

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
^ yup. Twenty buck windows through G2A, Kinguin etc can be trouble. Just bite the bullet and get it legit if that's the case. And no, you can't upgrade to 10 from 7 now, as far as I know.

TRENDING THREADS