[SOLVED] Windows.old missing files issue

DouglasWuerth

Honorable
Mar 6, 2014
Hello,

Last night I reinstalled windows after having issues. I reinstalled like I normally do and was given the option for the Windows.Old to keep all my old files.

Now that everything up and running, I check and the Windows.Old exists and has well over 50,000 files (mostly Windows). The problem I'm having is nothing from Pictures, Videos, Documents or Music transferred over (it normally does and has). The hard drive says that currently only 10% of the drive is in use (1 terabyte drive) and those four folders should have accounted for roughly 700gb.

I looked online and some sites said, use Recuva and I did. I've used this program before and familiar with it. I ran it and oddly enough it doesn't find a single deleted file from my previous Documents. It does find thousands of recoverable files, just not my old music, pictures, movies and shows.

If anyone has any suggestions on what is happening, please let me know!

Thank you.

DouglasWuerth

Honorable
Mar 6, 2014
windows.old only hold windows folder. not your personal folder

Thats not true at all... go into windows.old then user then name then your documents from the previous installation are normally there. I've literally moved previous media in Windows.Old onto the new installation when I've reinstalled several times.