Question Windows on both drives

feca1020

Prominent
Mar 20, 2022
Hey!
I have two storage drives connected to my PC - an M.2 and an HDD. I use the M.2 for Windows, games and other and the HDD for other stuff that doesnt have to be fasr, but I also have an other Windows on it too. My queation is there any reason for me to remove the other Windows from the HDD or its fine to leave it there. It seems to be working fine as it is bur maybe there is something.

Are both Windows the same edition....such as Windows 10 Home?

Offhand, I can't think of a reason why you would want to have both installations....assuming they are legit and activated. I'd reclaim the space on the HDD and use the M.2 for a boot drive.

feca1020

Prominent
Mar 20, 2022
Yeah, they both the same. The HDD is a 1TB one and the space on it not realy an issue and I use the M.2 now. I have no problem keeping it on it just wondering if there is a reason to not have it.

Just to be certain, boot without the HDD connected.
If all works ok, do what you wish with the hdd. An external backup is a good idea.

If the m.2 does not boot without the HDD, you probably have a boot loader on it. That can happen if you installed windows on the m.2 while the hdd was connected.
That situation needs to be rectified.

feca1020

Prominent
Mar 20, 2022
Also while doing this turned out that two SATA ports are disabled while an M.2 is connected and at the time I didnt know why the HDD is not seen and the M.2 booted then, so it should be ok?

feca1020

Prominent
Mar 20, 2022
Then you are free to kill off anything and everything on the other drive.
Hello again I would have an other question.
I removed the Windows partision from the HDD and now there is 99.4 GB of unused space. How can I expend that space into the other drive thats on the HDD whitch is 830 right now, and I would like to add that unused to it?