[SOLVED] Windows on my new system

Dragonslayer666

Reputable
Apr 10, 2017
Hi.
I'm selling my old PC to a friend of mine and building a new one. It came to my mind that, I might need to buy windows software again. So is it possible to like make a copy or something of my windows 10 to a new SSD or do I need to buy a new licence.
I know this is a quite stupid question, but I really would like to save my 100 euros for something else.

Solution
Hi.
I'm selling my old PC to a friend of mine and building a new one. It came to my mind that, I might need to buy windows software again. So is it possible to like make a copy or something of my windows 10 to a new SSD or do I need to buy a new licence.
I know this is a quite stupid question, but I really would like to save my 100 euros for something else.
If you're selling the old PC with the Windows license, then you need to purchase a new Windows license for your new PC.
Can't sell it and keep it...one or the other.

You can, however, install it and leave it Unactivated, until such time as you are ready to pay for a valid license.

USAFRet

Titan
Hi.
If you're selling the old PC with the Windows license, then you need to purchase a new Windows license for your new PC.
Can't sell it and keep it...one or the other.

You can, however, install it and leave it Unactivated, until such time as you are ready to pay for a valid license.

Solution