Question Windows only recognizes half of my ram while my motherboard recognizes all of my ram

bumpis

Commendable
Nov 22, 2017
-I just upgraded my gpu and cpu which required me to purchase and install a new motherboard
-I went into task manager and found only 8gb of ram was being recognized by windows with 0 reserved for hardware. I can't seem to understand why this would be given that in my bios it -recognizes both 8gb sticks of ram in their respective DIMM slots.
-I figured the problem might be with windows so I reset my pc and reinstalled windows but nothing changed.
-I've tried every imaginable configuration of ram among my four slots,
-Currently the ram is in slots 4/3 however originally they were in slots 1/2.
-I reset the CMOS once as well.
-I've tried ms.config>Boot>Advanced Options>Maximize Memory 16384 (The number erases from the box as soon as I click ok and either defaults to 8ish gbs or 0)
-I've tried Advanced system settings>Performance>Advanced>Change>then unchecking automatically manage paging file size...
-I enabled XMP once in the bios
-Currently the mobo is on version F50

Old Pc Specs
CPU- i3 8100
GPU- gtx 1050 ti SC
MOBO- ASRock z370M Pro4
PSU- Rosewill ARC 750
RAM- G.Skill Aegis 2x8gb

New Pc Specs
CPU- AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
GPU- gtx 1660 super
MOBO- Gigabyte B450M DS3H
PSU- Rosewill ARC 750
RAM- G.skill Aegis 2x8gb

*Side note
I bench marked my new pc via userbenchmark and almost all my parts were under performing

Ralston18

Titan
Does the following motherboard link match your motherboard?

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1496136/Gigabyte-B450m-Ds3h.html#manual

(Do verify that I correctly matched your motherboard.)

In the manual, first double check that the installed RAM is supported. (Reference physically numbered Page 6.)

Second, double check the slots being used. (Reference physically numbered Pages 9 and 10.)

Are the existing RAM modules from a 2 x 8GB Kit?

If I understand correctly the matched memory modules should be in Slots 1 and 2 per Page 10,

bumpis

Commendable
Nov 22, 2017
Yea that's my motherboard. The RAM meets all compatibility requirements, the kit was 2x8 and yes the slots are 1 and 2. I just put the ram back in those slots but still nothing.

Is that your old Intel RAM kit? At what speed are they running? When you switch from Intel to AMD it's always recommended you buy faster RAM speed. If you're using 2133MHz RAM or 2400MHz RAM just put them aside and buy a 2x8GB 3200MHz RAM Kit.

bumpis

Commendable
Nov 22, 2017
Is that your old Intel RAM kit? At what speed are they running? When you switch from Intel to AMD it's always recommended you buy faster RAM speed. If you're using 2133MHz RAM or 2400MHz RAM just put them aside and buy a 2x8GB 3200MHz RAM Kit.
Yes it is I think you're right but I won't be able to confirm until I get a new kit to put in. (The ram in now is 2400)