Feb 18, 2019
hi, i am thinking of moving my OS from my HDD to an SSD. i wanted to know where the OS files are stored as i can't find any online, and I cant clone the whole drive as the SSD is only 120gb, and the files in my HDD are over 500gb.
could anyone help me with this, and possibly tell me an easier way to transfer the OS. Also, i'm not keen on redownloading windows as my internet is very very slow.

Feb 18, 2019
so couldn't I move all my other files, (like apps, documents), to an external drive. then clone
also, does reinstall windows rely on internet speed. due to mine is very slow.
according to google:
download = 5.89mbps, upload =0.60mbps
Latency: 22 ms
Server: London
Your Internet speed is slow
Your Internet connection should be able to handle one device at a time streaming a video. If multiple devices are using this connection at the same time, you may run into some congestion.

Feb 18, 2019
Documents , Personal Files , Pictures , videos etc. can be move to external to reduce the space. 120GB SSD's aren't really much in terms of storage. 250GB+ OS SSD is really needed for long term function.
do you roughly know how long a fresh window install should take, given the details above? my cpu is a: intel pentium 1.9ghz

TRENDING THREADS