windows passwords..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean

Hi, trying to remove the password I had established when opening windows.

Removed the password in the control panel, however, the request for user and
password still comes up when I restart.

Any where else I should be checking to ensure that this option is not enabled?

Thanks

You might find this KB article helpful:-
"How to Prevent a Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows Me Logon Prompt at
Startup"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;152104

When it comes to setting up again, then if you no longer want a password,
enter a name but do not enter any password at all, then click OK.
DO NOT "cancel".

HTH and good luck

Mart

"Sean" <Sean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, trying to remove the password I had established when opening windows.
>
> Removed the password in the control panel, however, the request for user
> and
> password still comes up when I restart.
>
> Any where else I should be checking to ensure that this option is not
> enabled?
>
> Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.