[SOLVED] Windows PC stuck in boot loop

noxnoctum

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
This seems to occur maybe 20% of the time when I boot my PC. Every time it has occurred (3x) it has been after a "hard" shut down, i.e. via the power button, though I'm not sure there's a connection since my sample size is so small.

Basically I hear this deep "whirring" noise and then when the start-up sequence reaches the spinning circle under the Windows logo the menu darkens momentarily (not completely black, maybe 25% less bright than how it normally looks) while the circle spins, then brightens and "resets" the spinning circle sequence back as if it was coming up for the first time - this continues until I shut down again and boot back up. Sometimes that fixes it on the first go round, other times I've had to hard shut down 3 or 4 times before it finally starts properly. The whirring and screen darkening are always present when this happens and don't occur at any other time.

8 gigs of RAM
Geforce GTX 970
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz

Lastly, don't know if this is relevant, but I'm currently using my PC through a widescreen TV.

Solution
Which version of Windows 10 are you on? We're currently on 2004. You will also need to make sure your motherboard is on the latest BIOS update if your OS is pending an update.

Please add the make and model of your motherboard, the HDD(and SSD if you have one) and the make and model of the PSU and it's age.

Lutfij

Titan
Which version of Windows 10 are you on? We're currently on 2004. You will also need to make sure your motherboard is on the latest BIOS update if your OS is pending an update.

Please add the make and model of your motherboard, the HDD(and SSD if you have one) and the make and model of the PSU and it's age.

Solution