Windows Phone 8 Huawei Ascend W3 Leaked in Screenshot

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
From everything I have seen and heard about Huawei over the last 6 months they seem to basically copy HTC with design and specs. Now before we go off tangent with regards to patents and copyright issues I just want to know if anyone actually knows if their products are actually any good? What is the quality actually like?

Silent Ricochet

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2009
[citation][nom]SchizoFrog[/nom]From everything I have seen and heard about Huawei over the last 6 months they seem to basically copy HTC with design and specs. Now before we go off tangent with regards to patents and copyright issues I just want to know if anyone actually knows if their products are actually any good? What is the quality actually like?[/citation]

I owned an HTC Evo Shift for a while. It was a decent product at best, to be quite honest. The Sliding keyboard was wobbly from the get go, the screen was of decent quality (LCD), the touch screen was a bit finnicky. Then eventually the screen's backlight just decided to stop working about a year into my ownership. Oddly enough, I jumped into a pool with it one night by accident, and it still worked.. I soon after bought a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and never looked back. The quality is leaps and bounds over my HTC. I probably won't buy another HTC product ever again.

[citation][nom]SchizoFrog[/nom]From everything I have seen and heard about Huawei over the last 6 months they seem to basically copy HTC with design and specs. Now before we go off tangent with regards to patents and copyright issues I just want to know if anyone actually knows if their products are actually any good? What is the quality actually like?[/citation]

They sell LTE network equipment so the phone is bound to be pretty darn stable

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]spentshells[/nom]They sell LTE network equipment so the phone is bound to be pretty darn stable[/citation]

I wouldn't count on it. There are companies that are really good at some stuff, but meh at others.

For example, Intel's GPU department, AMD's CPU department, and Apple's Apple TV.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008

They are alright, I've seen a few of them around and held my friends one.
Built quite well, screen could be better but you get what you pay for (he got a cheapy $200 model)

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
Thanks for the feedback people. I am not sure I would trust them just yet.

As for HTC, they have had the odd dodgy model but on the whole they are fairly good quality phones although they are still trumped by Samsung and then Nokia. Really thinking of getting either the Lumia 920 or the ATIV...

Status
Not open for further replies.