Question Windows Photo Viewer Registry Hack not working!

Feb 23, 2019
I downloaded and merged the registry hack for bringing Windows Photo Viewer back on this W10 laptop, but it does NOT work...after I get the window saying the registry keys have been added successfully, I got to the settings/default apps and click on photos and Windows Photo Viewer STILL does not appear in the list. I've also downloaded a random jpeg, saved to my desktop, right clicked, open-with and it does not appear there either. When I first got this computer I added it just fine within minutes. Recently I got the blue-screen startup and had to restore original factory windows 10 just to get into my computer...of course now the Windows Photo Viewer I had successfully gotten back once is now gone and I cannot get it back no matter what I try. Any suggestions?????

Feb 23, 2019
Also, I was once able to create a link on my desktop for a couple of my favorite webpages, and now all of a sudden I can't do it. I am REALLY disgusted with Windows 10. When I click and hold the icon left of the address bar and "drag" to my desktop, I got the round red circle with the red angled line....not allowed. What gives. Absolutely NOTHING I do following step-by step instructions works on this thing!....making me absolutely crazy with frustration.

Feb 23, 2019
This is one of the ones I used, I downloaded yet again and ran it yet again and got the "keys successfully added to registry, and STILL not working. And this forum doesn't allow me to add the screenshot to this reply. Grrrr.