Question Windows possibly causing RAM OC issue?

Steee x

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2013
I recently had a battle with static shock, killed a few components, my CPU, RAM and Mobo, I could still use it but certain functions didnt work, specifically my 3000Mhz DDR4 RAM kit was stuck at 2133 no matter what I did, nothing would change. Now ive replaced all those parts, and for some reason, this 2400Mhz kit I got to replace the old kit, is also stuck at 2400Mhz, I have no idea whats going on, ive OC'd RAM a million times, I'm doing it exactly how I always have, I set the speed, change the voltage, set the timings and off I go, Im wondering if the shortage issue messed up my windows install and thats somehow stopping it from overclocking/underclocking. Any ideas?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I recently had a battle with static shock, killed a few components, my CPU, RAM and Mobo, I could still use it but certain functions didnt work, specifically my 3000Mhz DDR4 RAM kit was stuck at 2133 no matter what I did, nothing would change. Now ive replaced all those parts, and for some reason, this 2400Mhz kit I got to replace the old kit, is also stuck at 2400Mhz, I have no idea whats going on, ive OC'd RAM a million times, I'm doing it exactly how I always have, I set the speed, change the voltage, set the timings and off I go, Im wondering if the shortage issue messed up my windows install and thats somehow stopping it from overclocking/underclocking. Any ideas?
You need to list the parts in your PC.