Windows Protection Error

G

Okay I finished putting my box together tonight, and have been installing stuff ever since. After I managed to get my USB optical mouse in and working, (I had previously thrown in a PS2 mouse because the optical wasn't recognized)
the computer would begin crashing on startup. The screen would be black and up at the top it would say something to the extent of "Windows Protection Error, Please Restart Windows" (going to check exact text of that when I finish posting) Going through the step by step bootup I could originally boot my computer by not loading msmouse.vxd, but after installing my video card drivers, the computer will bood with msmouse.vxd, but will not boot of JAVASUP.vxd, and dis2sup.vxd (not positive about 2nd name) are loaded. Same error though. Can anyone help?<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Pro_Foolio on 07/03/01 04:37 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

Well after trying to reboot I found that I got the same error (Windowns protection error, reboot) and while msmouse has yet to crash the system again, various and assorted other progarams are. Even more strangely, the last time I rebooted it ran fine, without having to turn exclude any programs from the step by step startup. I'm becoming exceptionally confused... but just maby it'll stay working

::crosses fingers, and restarts computer::