Windows randomly freezes and i have to restart and replug my SSD to boot

alexakis99

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2012
Hi there,
i am encountering a problem recently that my computer somewhat freezes.I will be playing a game like LoL and then the sound will stop,after a few seconds the game will freeze,i wil alt-tab and everything click will freeze like a window or right clicking on the desktop.It forces me to restart and if i don't unplug my ssd and plug it again it will say no bootable device found.I find that it is more often when i have my second hard drive also installed.Is there a way to identify what component is causing the issue?Maybe a program that logs errors ?
Specs:
Intel Core i5 2400S
GA-Z77-DS3H rev1.1
Kingston FuryX 1866Mhz 2x4Gb
Kingston SSDNow v300 120Gb

oad7Udc.png

Bad SSD likely.

The fact you have to plug the SSD back in confirms that to me.

I looked this up before for a different SSD and that was the case. Many people at Newegg etc saying the same thing (freezing, boot issues).

It's the reason I tell people to go with Samsung 850 EVO which is probably much more reliable though I don't have actual proof of that.

alexakis99

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2012
Having my second HDD also plugged in increases the rate at which the freezes happens.When the two are plugged in it happens like once a day and when it's only the SSD it takes a few days before it freezes.It could also be coincidence but we must factor all the components in the equation.

TRENDING THREADS