Windows Randomly Shutdown Wihout Any Reason

Dzul SK

Commendable
Nov 22, 2016
Hello guys, i've been having a problem for 1 month that makes me wanna throw away my pc. the thing is that the pc randomly shutdown itself whenever i'm doing something or not. i've looked up every forum on the internet and none of them work. i have knowledge about pc hardware therefore i've check every component and everything is fine. i've done a clean installation of windows 10 and the problem still exists. One thing that makes me curious is that every time it randomly shutdown, the Ethernet adapter will not work, therefore i have to re-enable it. Sometimes i get lucky and the computer didnt shutdown for a whole day, but that just temporary. i've checked the Event Viewer and this is the info i got :
gOCqo6G.png

i hope you guys can help me fix the problem :D
The Culprit might be Windows Update ??

update : this is my hardware
I5-3470
Gtx 1060
8gb
1 tb hdd
CoolerMaster 550w

update 2
i tried to do a stress test on the gpu and cpu hoping that the psu may be faulty, good thing is that it doesnt shutdown until im writing this.

Dzul SK

Commendable
Nov 22, 2016

Oh ya i forgot. My hardware is
I5-3470
Gtx 1060
8gb
1 tb hdd
CoolerMaster 550w

The power supply is fine, it gives the correct voltage.

Bee_Dee_3_Dee

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
Dzul SK,

what hardware do u have?

Starting with the only clue... Ethernet adapters fail a lot and if ur lucky it's just the Ethernet adapter driver.
Try Experiment:
1. Completely uninstall Ethernet adapter's driver; include restarting PC ... it's important when it comes to all networking config related tweaking and it isn't documented much.
2. Reinstalling the Ethernet adapter and restart PC.
3. Test and repeat if shutdowns prob occur. (Repeating is just because a 2nd attempt at uninstall and reinstalling a driver can sometimes yield successfully fixing a driver related prob.)
4. If random shutdown prob remains, try newer drivers.
5. If random shutdown prob remains, try older versions drivers. (i had a Realtec Network card driver problem that caused random shutdowns not too long ago.) And i bet i'm still using the older version. i can check later on my gaming PC.

GL :)

Dzul SK

Commendable
Nov 22, 2016

i tested that method using 3 different drivers and none of them works perfect. this version that im using gives the least random shutdown i can get.
also i've updated my hardware list

the gtx 1060 needs efi bios. make sure your old mb has the newest bios on it. with onboard ethernet ports make sure the io shield not in the port or shorting it out. you may have to with tin snips cut and of the feet off near the ethernet port. if it not a dead short. turn off the onboard port and try a ethernet card see if the mb chipset is bad.

Dzul SK

Commendable
Nov 22, 2016

i have the latest mb bios. so are you saying that something is shorting out my pc through the Ethernet Port ? also i cant try an external eth card because i dont have it and the gpu itself takes all the space.

TRENDING THREADS