Windows randomly switches to desktop when im in game

Solution
right click windows start menu, choose run. type in Msconfig. the choose boot tab the click the safe boot ( i also choose the network setting but minimal is ok if you don't need to go online) then reboot. Run DDU and it should reboot in to windows, reinstall driver and reboot again. Should be in normal windows boot mode by this point but if your not rerun msconfig and unclick the safe boot option.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
is the game crashing or just running in the background waiting to be maximized again. If the latter then you may be hitting the wondows key or running in fullscreen widowed mode which makes jumping out of a game to chat or surf the web easy but can cause issues like yours. make sure your running fullscreen and not fullscreen windowed or windowed mode.

Minisvet546

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016

a) Running in the background.
b) I have my games in full screen but not in widowed mode, also im not pressing windows key accidentally.

Minisvet546

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016

How can i start safemode on Windows 10 ?

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
right click windows start menu, choose run. type in Msconfig. the choose boot tab the click the safe boot ( i also choose the network setting but minimal is ok if you don't need to go online) then reboot. Run DDU and it should reboot in to windows, reinstall driver and reboot again. Should be in normal windows boot mode by this point but if your not rerun msconfig and unclick the safe boot option.

Solution

Minisvet546

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016

Thanks i thing this will help 4 sure cause i installed the latest driver update incorectly last time :3

kango69

Respectable
Sep 3, 2016
This usually happen if another application has started to run.
Close all the applications running in the taskbar and see if that helps.
Here is a great guide for optimizing Windows 10 for gaming
https://forums.redacted.tv/threads/ultimate-windows-10-gaming-tweak-guide.1205/

Minisvet546

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016

OMG it worked thanks alot (i had to download new drivers for my graphics card) !!!