Windows refusing to boot

Thelordsninja

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
Today I was playing a video game that my computer can easily handle. I recently rebuilt it into a gaming computer with:

Processor: Phenom ii x4 965 BE
GPU: Radeon 7770
Corsair 650W
8gb Ram
BIOSTAR A880GZ AM3+ AMD 880G SATA 6Gb/s HDMI motherboard
I've been gaming perfectly fine for about 3 weeks. I was playing today and all of a sudden I got the BSOD. I tried to reboot and windows got stuck at "Starting Windows" then it reboots and gives me a "Windows failed to start" screen and gives me the option to repair or start windows normally.

I've tried:

1. Starting Windows Normally. The process above repeats itself

2. Attempting to use windows repair takes me to a black screen and nothing loads.

3. I've tried changing BIOS sata from ACHI to IDE, or Native IDE. Neither makes a difference.

4. I tried booting into "Safe Mode". This only gives me a BSOD.

Can anyone offer me and suggestions on how to fix this?

nenolen

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Can you get into "Safe Mode with Command Prompt"? If you can, then run:

sfc /scannow

See if it finds any corrupted system files.

Thelordsninja

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013

How do I do this?

Thelordsninja

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013

I cannot get into safe mode with command prompt. It just black screens then restarts. Bringing me back to "Launch repair" and "Start windows normally."

Thelordsninja

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
A second ago my computer booted fully and I was able to log in windows. Then I restarted to double check and now it I'm back to the same problem.

Thelordsninja

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013

I thought I narrowed the problem down to me installing a new motherboard without a clean installation of windows. Unfortunately not.

I bought a Windows 8 Upgrade and booted it from the DVD drive and the Windows 8 Logo appears and a blue screen comes up the same color as if its loading, but nothing happens. My computer either freezes or reboots.