Windows reset cancellation

Kpinguin

Commendable
Jan 30, 2017
When I try to full reset my computer using Windows tools, everything goes fine until 49%. After that,text appears on screen:"Undoing changes" and comes up a blue screen with:"There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made screen". I don' know what to do, sfx/chkdsk are all done, nothing helped. I hope only on you.

Solution
see what this says

right click start button
choose command prompt (admin)
copy/paste this into window:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

DISM fixes the image that reset uses to reinstall windows.

If it asks for a source file, are you on version 1607 of windows 10
right click start button
choose run...
type winver and press enter

If it says you are on version 1607, Download a copy of the win 10 iso from Here - create ISO by telling it you want to make DVD - and then mount that ISO in file explorer (see Here) and then copy paste the below command into command prompt (admin)

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess
Where "X" is the drive...

Colif

Win 11 Master
see what this says

right click start button

right click start button
choose run...

If it says you are on version 1607, Download a copy of the win 10 iso from Here - create ISO by telling it you want to make DVD - and then mount that ISO in file explorer (see Here) and then copy paste the below command into command prompt (admin)

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess
Where "X" is the drive letter where the ISO is located. Simply change the "X" to the correct drive letter

If it shows you on any version of win 10 before 1607, go to here and Press Update Now, that will download the upgrade assistant, running it will update win 10 to latest version and probably fix whatever you were reseting PC to fix.

DISM may also fix whatever you were resetting PC to fix, so there is that too.

edit: I can't type today :(

Solution
May 24, 2019
see what this says

right click start button

right click start button
choose run...

Where "X" is the drive letter where the ISO is located. Simply change the "X" to the correct drive letter

If it shows you on any version of win 10 before 1607, go to here and Press Update Now, that will download the upgrade assistant, running it will update win 10 to latest version and probably fix whatever you were reseting PC to fix.

DISM may also fix whatever you were resetting PC to fix, so there is that too.

edit: I can't type today :(
Hello, I had the same problem with reset but when I try to restore the image, DISM fails. What do I do now? Thank you.