[SOLVED] Windows reset causing ping spikes and lag in online games? Help!

Exiledss

Prominent
Feb 27, 2019
2 days ago I ran into a BSOD because of Valorants Anti-Cheat "Vanguard" It's known to be broken and all so I sucked it up, chose to reset my PC but keep files and just re download the rest. All seemed well, Until I try to talk into discord and play online games. My ping spikes randomly out of nowhere even though my internet speeds are really good.

The weird thing is that I can watch 1080p YouTube Videos perfectly and browse like normal as well with no issues.

Is this some sort of drivers issue? I've gone into device manager and checked for updates and all seem fine, Did the same with windows updates and even the graphics drivers. I really have no idea whats happening. Even tried resetting the modem and router but to no avail.

Hoping somebody has an idea of whats wrong.

Here I have a ping test and my speeds.
f26076269b39c5bc22fe680383a23521.png
98457f13695b48637794a05d61af619f.png

Solution
  1. I thought by using the "Keep My Files" option it wouldn't go about deleting the mobo drivers.
  2. Once again no idea, is there a way to check. Sorry, Not very versed in bios n such.
  3. In honesty I just chose the option to keep my files and assumed most drivers wouldn't be touched. But yeah, I just checked for windows updates and installed whatever It gave me at the time.
So you can find your drivers here https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X99A-GAMING-PRO-CARBON , , and the latest bios as for checking bios for update vs you can youtube it easy
2 days ago I ran into a BSOD because of Valorants Anti-Cheat "Vanguard" It's known to be broken and all so I sucked it up, chose to reset my PC but keep files and just re download the rest. All seemed well, Until I try to talk into discord and play online games. My ping spikes randomly out of nowhere even though my internet speeds are really good.

The weird thing is that I can watch 1080p YouTube Videos perfectly and browse like normal as well with no issues.

Is this some sort of drivers issue? I've gone into device manager and checked for updates and all seem fine, Did the same with windows updates and even the graphics drivers. I really have no idea whats happening. Even tried resetting the modem and router but to no avail.

Hoping somebody has an idea of whats wrong.

Here I have a ping test and my speeds.
f26076269b39c5bc22fe680383a23521.png
98457f13695b48637794a05d61af619f.png
Few questions, 1 did you install all your mobo drivers?, 2 is bios fully up to date?, 3 are you running all your componets drivers or are you running some off of they'r divers and others off of windows 10 generic drivers or did you just let wondows install all your drivers, windows 10 genaric drivers cause issues on certain components especially Gpu's Wi-Fi cards and capture cards.

Exiledss

Prominent
Feb 27, 2019
Few questions, 1 did you install all your mobo drivers?, 2 is bios fully up to date?, 3 are you running all your components drivers or are you running some off of they'r divers and others off of windows 10 generic drivers or did you just let windows install all your drivers, windows 10 generic drivers cause issues on certain components especially Gpu's Wi-Fi cards and capture cards.
  1. I thought by using the "Keep My Files" option it wouldn't go about deleting the mobo drivers.
  2. Once again no idea, is there a way to check. Sorry, Not very versed in bios n such.
  3. In honesty I just chose the option to keep my files and assumed most drivers wouldn't be touched. But yeah, I just checked for windows updates and installed whatever It gave me at the time.

So you can find your drivers here https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X99A-GAMING-PRO-CARBON , , and the latest bios as for checking bios for update vs you can youtube it easy

Solution